Three Rooms Press is a fiercely independent NYC-based press seeking exciting and diverse new projects. Our commitment to excellence has led us to work on such projects as:
- A series of anthologies for Hugo & Nebula award-winning science-fiction Grand Master Robert Silverberg (Time and Time Again, This Way to the End Times)
- William Least Heat-Moon's critically-acclaimed first work of fiction, Celestial Mechanics
- Award-winning LGBTQ Young Adult and coming-of-age novels including Julia Watts' Quiver, Aaron Hamburger's Nirvana Is Here, Aimee Herman's Everything Grows, and Meagan Brothers's Weird Girl and What's His Name.
This commitment has also led to amazing projects such as:
- 2018 Anthony award-winning title for Best Anthology The Obama Inheritance, edited by Gary Phillips with contributors such as Walter Mosley
- Runaway hit Punk Avenue: Inside the New York City Underground, 1972-1982, by Phil Marcade
- The first full-length collection of poetry by Hala Alyan, Atrium, winner of the Arab-American Book of the Year for Poetry.
We also publish an annual, internationally-renowned journal of contemporary dada writing and art, MAINTENTANT. Submission runs from October 1 through December 31. To submit, please click on the submission form below.
All of our titles are distributed by PGW / Ingram to bookstores, libraries, universities and other institutions, and online, both domestically and internationally.
For more information about Three Rooms Press, including our complete catalog, please visit www.threeroomspress.com.
The world is hurtling in a direction that simply isn’t sustainable. DADA came from the absurdity of war, and the destruction to the planet right now is absolutely war, with potentially billions of victims. And so, the theme for MAINTENANT 14 is:
Put your protest into the absurd art and writing that has made the annual MAINTENANT series critically-acclaimed around the world. Everyone in the world is affected by the growing impact of climate change, pollution, plastics, and lack of sustainability. We are seeking submissions from every country, every continent, and every artist.
DADA is a “final frontier” for rebel artists. You are invited to expose, identify, retaliate, overcome, and react to the FUTURE OF THE PLANET!!
We encourage all types of DADA writing and art—to get an idea of what we’re looking for, pick up a copy of one of our previous issues. The more absurd, the better! Be a part of a global rebellion in creativity.
Submission Period: 01 October – 31 December, 2019
Please note: You can submit up to FOUR works of art or writing. If you submit more than FOUR works, you will be disqualified. ONE submission per form. Art (RGB or greyscale) should be saved as a .jpg file and must be a minimum of 1600 px on its longest side. Text should be submitted as a WORD document. Please do not submit text in pdf format.
No fee for to submit. You must supply a valid mailing address as well as a phone number.