Three Rooms Press
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Three Rooms Press is a fiercely independent NYC-based press inspired by dada, diversity, punk, and passion since 1994. Our list includes more than 100 critically-acclaimed titles. All of our books are distributed in the US and internationally by Publishers Group West.
General Submission Information
Three Rooms Press seeks exciting and diverse new projects. Our commitment to excellence has led us to work on such projects as:
- Award-winning queer young adult and coming-of-age novels;
- Memoir and biography of overlooked mentors, counterculture figures, or punk rock legends;
- Literary fiction and nonfiction inspired by underrepresented people and themes--and punk rock;
- Mystery and noir featuring complex, diverse main characters in contemporary settings; and
- Science-fiction and fantasy that shows exceptional writing rather than tricky gadgets
For all of the above, please visit our website Submissions Guidelines page and follow the instructions to submit.
Maintenant Dada Journal Submission Information
Three Rooms Press publishes an annual, internationally-renowned journal of contemporary DADA writing and art, MAINTENTANT. The submission period for our next issue, MAINTENANT 16, runs from January 1, 2022 through March 1, 2022.
MAINTENANT 16 will feature DADA work on the theme of NYET ZERO
MAINTENANT 16: A Journal of Contemporary DADA Writing and Art, will include DADA work inspired by the theme NYET ZERO. We accept DADA paintings, collages, word art, and poetry up to 25 lines in length. International artists and writers are particularly encouraged to submit your work. Past issues have included work from 6 continents and more than 35 countries. We aim to be even more inclusive with this issue.
About NYET ZERO
These days you hear a lot about NET ZERO, in reference to steps being taken to combat climate change. NET ZERO refers to the balance between the amount of greenhouse gas produced and the amount removed from the atmosphere. At this time, NET ZERO is an ambition lacking absolute definition as corporate energy titans pledge distant adherence without clear or immediate commitments to act. In fact, these so-called “innovative” scions of wealth seem to not even be able to remove the layer of hot air greenhouse gases spewing from the mouths of the pundits and politicos pushing the affirmation of their endlessly pernicious promises.
Enter NYET ZERO.
With NYET ZERO, MAINTENANT 16 makes an artistic power grab using DADA—in the form of original art, poetry, and writing aimed at exposing the hypocrisy of the engine-idle rich on recycled paper. We can change the now with art and thought. Otherwise, the future has NOTENTIAL.
When the corporate powers that be control all of the energy resources, Art Becomes A Necessity!!! Or as Tristen Tzara put it in his Dada Manifesto, “Dada Dada Dada, a roaring of tense colors, and interlacing of opposites and of all contradictions, grotesques, inconsistencies: LIFE!”
Please use a separate submission form for each piece.
- You may enter up to 4 pieces for consideration.
- All text files must be save as WORD documents (please do NOT send PDFs). Each entry should have its own separate Word document and separate submission form.
- All art files must be a minimum of 1280 px wide. NOTE: Our journal is VERTICAL orientation. VERTICAL images work best! Please include title of piece, plus media and size information (in inches, mm, or pixels).
To SUBMIT your work, go to our MAINTENANT 16 Submission Form.
All Three Rooms Press titles are distributed by PGW / Ingram to bookstores, libraries, universities, museums and other institutions, and online, both domestically and internationally.
For more information about Three Rooms Press, including our complete catalog, please visit www.threeroomspress.com.