Three Rooms Press
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Three Rooms Press is a fiercely independent NYC-based press inspired by dada, diversity, punk, and passion since 1994. Our list includes more than 100 critically-acclaimed titles. All of our books are distributed in the US and internationally by Publishers Group West.
General Submission Information
Three Rooms Press seeks exciting and diverse new projects. Our commitment to excellence has led us to work on such projects as:
- Award-winning queer young adult and coming-of-age novels;
- Memoir and biography of overlooked mentors, counterculture figures, or punk rock legends;
- Literary fiction and nonfiction inspired by underrepresented people and themes--and punk rock;
- Mystery and noir featuring complex, diverse main characters in contemporary settings; and
- Science-fiction and fantasy that shows exceptional writing rather than tricky gadgets
For all of the above, please visit our website Submissions Guidelines page and follow the instructions to submit.
Maintenant Dada Journal Submission Information
Three Rooms Press publishes an annual, internationally-renowned journal of contemporary DADA writing and art, MAINTENTANT. The submission period for our next issue, MAINTENANT 17, runs from January 1, 2023 through March 31, 2023 (DEADLINE EXTENDED!!).
MAINTENANT 17 will feature DADA work on the theme of PEACEFIRE
MAINTENANT 17: A Journal of Contemporary DADA Writing and Art, will include DADA work inspired by the theme PEACEFIRE. We accept DADA paintings, collages, word art, and poetry up to 25 lines in length. International artists and writers are particularly encouraged to submit your work. Past issues have included work from 6 continents and more than 35 countries. We aim to be even more inclusive with this issue.
When a War ends provisionally, the agreement is called a ceasefire. But when Peace ends, there is only War. Ultimately, though: When was there ever really Peace? War and Peace are Co-dependent. So at this juncture, what might be best would be a PEACEFIRE. Stand up against the War that never ends and the Peace that never comes. Provocation is simply a media mogul selling fear as clickbait. Peace would make them poorer.
Please use a separate submission form for each piece.
- You may enter up to 4 pieces for consideration.
- All text files must be save as WORD documents (please do NOT send PDFs). Each entry should have its own separate Word document and separate submission form.
- All art files must be a minimum of 1280 px wide. NOTE: Our journal is VERTICAL orientation. VERTICAL images work best! Please include title of piece, plus media and size information (in inches, mm, or pixels).
To SUBMIT your work, click on the MAINTENANT 17 Submit box below.
All Three Rooms Press titles are distributed by PGW / Ingram to bookstores, libraries, universities, museums and other institutions, and online, both domestically and internationally.
For more information about Three Rooms Press, including our complete catalog, please visit www.threeroomspress.com.